Saturday, January 9, 2010

Saturday... is it over yet?

Today has drug on FOREVER! I enjoy spending time at home with London, but I am ready to get back into our normal routine. It's AMAZING to sleep in everyday, but it's going to be hard to get up at 5:30 a.m. on Monday morning! Tonight we are having dinner at my mom's. K goes back to college tomorrow, so this is her "going back to school dinner"! Last night I made an amazing new-to-me recipe. I didn't take a picture but it was delicious and I wanted to share it with you!


Easy Meat Loaf

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 c. water
1 beaten egg
3 oz. Chicken Stove Top Stuffing Mix (1/2 a normal size bag)
1/4 c. choppen onion
1/2 cup BBQ sauce (I use KC Masterpiece)


Heat oven to 450 degrees. Mix ground beef, water, egg, stuffing mix, and onion in a medium size bowl, with a spoon. Shape meat into an oval loaf. Place in a loaf pan. (I put it in the pan and shape it pushing it next to one of the sides to make it look like an oval "loaf".) Top with BBQ sauce. Bake 30 minutes or until loaf is finished (no longer pink).
Serves 4

I paired the meatloaf with mashed potatoes, brocoli and cheese, and a dinner roll!
I wanted to include a picture in my post, so here's a picture of L on the counter today while I was whipping up an appetizer to take to mom's for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment