Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Best Ever Homemade Chicken Enchiladas


Last night, I was digging through some of my recipes and I found this recipe. I haven't made my own chicken enchiladas ever! I adopted this recipe from my mom who adpoted it from someone else! It was easy to made and very tasty!

Chicken Enchiladas

2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 cup green pepper (I left this out)
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese
1 (8 oz.) jar of salsa, divided
6 inch flour tortillas
3/4 lb. (12 oz.) Velveeta cheese, cut-up
1/4 cup milk

Stir cooked chicken, bell pepper, cream cheese and 1/2 cup salsa in a saucepan on low heat until cream cheese is melted. Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla and roll up the tortilla. Place seam-side down in greased 12x8 dish.

Stir cheese & milk in pan on low heat until smooth. Pour sauce over tortillas; cover with foil.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Pour remaining salsa over tortillas. ENJOY! Serves:4-6

No comments:

Post a Comment