Friday, June 25, 2010

Easy Oven-Barbecued Pork Chops


Easy Oven-Barbecued Pork Chops




These pork chops are delicious and very easy! They are baked in the oven so this is a great recipe for summer or winter time. I have been looking for a great pork chop recipe that isn't bland and I finally found it!


Ingredients:
6 pork chops, 3/4 to 1-inch thick
1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
1/4 cup vinegar (I didn't use vinegar, so I added 1/4 cup more water)
3/4 cup water
1 tablespoon brown sugar or honey
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
dash cayenne, optional (I didn't use the cayenne)

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350°.Place pork chops in bottom
of a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Place sliced onion over the pork chops. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over pork chops. Bake uncovered for 1 hour, or until chops are tender.

Serves 6.


I didn't take a picture of the pork chops, but I am attaching a picture of L at Grandpa H's farm with Daisy!




2 comments:

  1. Yummm Kara that sounds really good. I made pork chops last night also in the oven, but had no idea what to season them with--just did salt & pepper. Will def. try this next time. I've given in & joined the blog world. We'll see if I can keep up with it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! You'll have to let me know if you like this recipe Laura when you make it! It's hard for me at times to keep up with the blog "world" but it's fun!!

    ReplyDelete